Crystals are the blossoms of the mineralogical portion of the Earth; the recognition of the beauty and loving energies of these forms can greatly enhance one’s personal development. They are the myriad fireworks of both creativity and individual universal energies.
- Taken from Love is in the Air by Melody
Crystals have the properties of piezoelectricity and pyroelectricity. Piezoelectricity means the quality whereby electricity, and sometime light, is produced via compression.
Many ancient civilizations including the Maya and American Indian used quartz crystals in their ceremonies strucking them to produce light. Pyroelectricity is the quality of an electrified state or polarity, which is produced by variation in temperature.
The crystal energy is “universal energy”. Hence, when one is willing to receive this energy one can contact and synthesize the energies from which the entire universe is comprised! Now, we do understand why crystals and other minerals are so powerful and such powers must be used only through the highest consciousness of the individual. Although each of us humans has the infinite power of the universe within self, we tend to find it easier to accept support from that which is from outside of ourselves. Each crystalline form has its own individual energy and each can be used in unique ways to assist one in understanding the multi-faceted nature of existence on the Earth plane.
What is Crystal Therapy?
Crystal therapy or crystal healing is a form of vibrational medicine. Crystal therapy involves the application of crystals or gemstones to facilitate healing. The members of the mineralogical kingdom have been used for eons to act as catalysts and to assist us in becoming re-united with Source.
Gemstones house spiritual and healing properties that can be tapped into a variety of ways. Crystals can be carried or worn on the person, or placed in a location where their healing vibrations can be felt by whomever is nearby. Healers also place stones on their clients’ reclined bodies to balance the chakras and aura.
Each type of stone has its own unique talent. Gemstone colors, shapes, and textures all have special meanings. Crystal elixirs can be made by soaking crystals for a few hours in a glass of water. Healing crystals are used for divination and meditation purposes. You can intuitively choose which crystals to use by noticing which stones you are attracted to. Keep your heart and hands open and allow the appropriate healing crystals to find their way to you.
~ Common Crystals ~
Citrine is a variety of yellow quartz carries the healing properties of the sun. It expands the auric field, filling it with light and clearing away any lingering etheric toxins. It is one of the two minerals on the planet which does not hold and accumulate negative energy, but dissipates and transmutes it, working-out problems on both the physical and subtle levels. It, hence, never needs clearing or cleansing! Citrine is also a wonderful manifestation crystal by motivating you into taking action. It brings optimism and cheerfulness. Citrine is a good stone for aligning all the chakras. It focuses on balancing the solar plexus chakra, which in turn integrates the lower and higher chakras.
Remedy Benefits of Citrine:
• Manifesting stone
• Dispels anger
• Gives optimism
• Aids digestion
• Gives mental clarity
• Increase visual abilities
• Balances the thyroid gland and activates the thymus
Spiritual Properties of Obsidian:
The intrinsic properties of the various forms of this mineral include the reflection of one’s flaws and the promotion of a clear picture of the changes which are necessary to eliminate the flaws.
Remedy Benefits of Obsidian:
• All varieties of obsidian are good utilized as grounding and protective agents – The snowflake in particular helps us surrender or let go of negative habits or past pathways that no longer the present condition. It will bring about opportunity for change, serenity, and clarity.
• Useful in healing providing both the healer and subject with clarity with respect to both the cause and the amelioration of the dis-ease.
Spiritual & Healing properties of Turquoise:
Turquoise is another gift from the Earth. It is a teaching stone can be used to help one learn spiritual lessons through meditation and/or dream visions.
Remedy Benefits of Turquoise:
• Can be used for attunement between those on the physical plane, as well as between one and the spirit world.
• It is valuable in providing protection and strength during vision quests and astral travel.
• It is a healer of the spirit bringing peace of mind and guidance through the unknown.
Spiritual & Healing properties of Amethyst:
Amethyst is a variety of quartz which occurs either in crystalline or massive form. Its color ranges from deep purple to pale lavender. The deepest amethyst colors appear in those crystals found in Uruguay, Siberia, Colorado, and Africa. The medium purple amethyst is found in Brazil. The very pale variety of this crystal is found in Oregon.
Amethyst is the stone of spirituality and contentment.
Remedy Benefits of Amethyst:
• This highly spiritual/healing stone is associated with The Christ Consciousness and the Violet Flame of Transmutation.
• Amethyst helps one tune into a higher awareness of knowing.
• It balances the energies of the intellectual, emotional, and physical bodies and provides a clear connection between the Earth plane and the other worlds.
• Amethyst allows for the integration of cause and effect, providing insight into which portion of the actualized self requires remodeling in order to facilitate change toward the ultimate state of perfection.
• It bestows stability, strength, invigoration, and peace; the peace being the perfect peace which was present prior to birth.
Spiritual & Healing properties of Jade:
Jade teaches acceptance. It carries serene and calming energy. It helps a person become less critical of self and others. It is known as the “dream” stone and as the “stone of fidelity”, bringing realization to ones potential and devotion to ones purposes. It helps remember our dreams. Jade was considered in the Mayan culture as the “Sovereign of Harmony”, facilitating peace within the physical, emotional, and intellectual structures, as well as within the materialistic world. It was said to transmute negativity and to instill resourcefulness.
Remedy Benefits of Jade:
• Helps to attune one to the needs of others.
• Inspires wisdom during the assessment of problems.
• Promotes the balancing of one’s needs with the requirements of the day.
• Provides confidence.
• Used in the treatments of disorders of the heart, hips, kidneys, and the spleen.
• Excellent elixir to smooth the skin and to stimulate hair health.
Spiritual & Healing properties of Rose Quartz:
Rose Quartz has a gentle energy. The color ranges from soft pink to golden-white. It is a heart healer of physical heart ailments as well as emotional heartbreaks. Rose quartz is a timely gift to offer someone who desires to learn self-love. It emits a calming soothing energy which can work on all of the chakras to gently remove negativity and to reinstate the loving, gentle forces of self-love. It is especially helpful at the locations of the heart and the crown chakras. It has been known as the “stone of gentle love”.
Remedy Benefits of Rose Quartz:
• Provides for balancing of yin-yang energy.
• Can attune each chakra to and provide each chakra with the proper frequency of energy vibration.
• Quite effective in the treatment of conditions relating to the emotional body balancing love emotions.
• It can act as a rejuvenating agent for the physical and emotional body.
• Excellent energy to heal emotional wounds.
~ Quartz ~
Quartz is the second most abundant mineral in the Earth’s continental crust, after feldspar. It is made up of a continuous framework of SiO4 silicon–oxygen tetrahedra, with each oxygen being shared between two tetrahedra, giving an overall formula SiO2.
There are many different varieties of quartz, several of which are semi-precious gemstones. Especially in Europe and the Middle East, varieties of quartz have been since antiquity the most commonly used minerals in the making of jewelry and hardstone carvings.
Clear quartz has different healing powers known to humanity. Among the many uses of quartz we can say that it:
Attunes all chakras; recalls forgotten memories; dispels negativity; finds capabilities we think lost; amplifies prayers; keeps you in touch with your spirituality; focuses, transforms and energizes self !
Increasing Your Vibrational Frequency
When you seek the help of a crystal, you are enlisting a powerful ally to “raise” your vibrational frequency. No matter what the crystal is used for, its desired effect is always an increase in your vibrational frequency. We often crave certain crystals because we have a great “vibrational match” with them. This vibrational match means that proximity to this crystal raises our vibrational frequency, thus making us feel “good.”
Selecting a crystal for a particular purpose is a great way to help yourself without having to devote much energy to it. The proximity of the crystal is constantly affecting your own frequency, guiding you upward toward your goal. Similarly, a crystal that does not have a good match is constantly draining you by lowering your vibrational frequency. Hence, selecting the right crystal is of crucial importance.
Programming Your Gemstone
• Hold the crystal or gemstone in your hand and sense its energy. With the stone being newly cleared, the energy will feel stronger and even more appealing that before.
• As you sense this energy and appreciate it, ask quietly to be connected to the deva of the crystal or gemstone. Though not animate, stones are living things and the deva of the piece is the stone’s life-force energy.
• Once you feel you have sensed what you can from the energy, think of what you will be using the stone for. Think of these uses, then quietly ask the gemstone if it is willing to act in the way you wish. The crystals energy may increase with a yes or seem to disappear with a no. If the stone accepts your intent, state in your mind that it be so.
MUSIC HEALING THROUGH CRYSTALS & DRUMS
Sacred sounds: These musical bowls create different tones depending on the level of water placed inside the bowl. Certain tones invoke certain energy centers (chakras) for healing, balancing, and meditation. To truly benefit from sound healing the key is to become aware of sounds around you in order to connect with any feeling a particular sound provokes. Hearing is not the same as listening. We hear with our ears, we listen with an open heart.
Therapists using sound healing usually use: crystal bowls, drums, rattles, forks, harp, violin, piano, and hand-made instruments such as those used by Indian tribes throughout the world to connect with the different sound vibrations of healing energy.
Also, there are four important sounds found in Mother Nature: fire, wind, water, and earth. When we establish a connection with Mother Nature we can sense the healing powers found on these four elements and can materialize the energetic flows into our physical bodies. Our connection with Mother Nature not only enhances our physical body but promotes ascension through a sense of freedom.
The Drum has been a part of every culture on earth, prominent at one time or another. For our Native people the drum represents the heart beat. It is believed that the inside of an actual long house represents the inside of a whale. The large beams and planks of wood representing the spine and ribs of a whale, while the drums are considered its heartbeat and the songs represent the spirit of the whale.
How a drum is made is quite a process for the drum maker. First, he must find a plank of wood that is long enough and thin enough that when steamed will bend, forming a circle, to make the rim of a drum. Nowadays the rims can be modular (consisting of many interlocking pieces) and can have many shapes other than an circle.
Removing the fur is a very lengthy process, as continuous soaking of the hide is needed. It is also at this point that the drum maker can decide to bleach the hide or not. After the skin is cleaned the hide is stretched and laced onto the rim. As the skin dries the skin becomes taught and the drum is made. It is at this time that the drum maker can also tune the drum. Tuning gives a deeper sound to the drum. This can be done by sanding the hide to be thinner, which makes a more booming sound when he drum is struck.
Drums have been used for thousands of years in every country for healing, dancing, chanting and singing. According to Indian tradition, a drum is much more than rawhide and wood, it is a living being, a precious member of their family, a tool for connecting to spirit. Drums have been used for thousands of years in every country for healing, dancing, chanting and singing.
The drum becomes an extension of the drummer through use, love, vibration, and even the oil from the hands that is absorbed. So much so, in fact, that Native Americans often consider their drum like a living member of their family. It is therefore understandable why many Native Americans do not allow anyone to use their personal drum.
The drum is not just one instrument, but many instruments combined. While some people think the sound is produced in the body of the drum, it is actually produced by the membrane and its vibration. Each drum is unique, sounding with it’s own unique voice, and communicating it’s life in it’s own special way.
By understanding its tonal possibilities, the experienced drummer can achieve an expanded variety of sounds and effects with a drum. From Physics we know a drum can actually resonate in numerous different vibration patterns or modes modes, each with a distinct sound.
No Responses to “ The amazing power of crystals ”
Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.